Don't get it twisted, although travel is the perfect way to unwind and reconnect with your significant other, it isn't always a fairy tale. There can be moments during vacations where small disagreements or travel annoyances occur. Believe it or not, but vacations can test even the best relationships.
Do you have an upcoming trip planned with your bae? In honor of my eighth wedding anniversary, I'm sharing eight of my top baecation travel tips!
1. Discuss Your Differences. My husband and I are totally different when it comes to preparing for trips. He prefers to organize his clothes a few hours before we depart, whereas I try to prepare in advance. I'm going to be honest, it took some time for me to become comfortable with his approach and preparedness. At times I still struggle with it. We even differ when it comes to what time we like to arrive at the airport.
There isn't anything wrong with our differences but they can easily lead to disagreements. Take the time to understand each others preferences before you depart and come to an agreement. True love is based on compromise and it's important to meet each other in the middle. There's nothing cute about being a fighting tourist couple.
2. Talk About Activities Beforehand. Take time before you leave to discuss what activities you both want to enjoy. If your spouse really wants to do an activity that you've never tried, make an effort to try it and vice versa. Discuss your expectations well in advance so you both can be on the same page.
3. Schedule Time Apart. I know what you're thinking, baecation is supposed to be all about bae. But do you really have to spend every single second together?
Nope! During our vacations, my hubby loves to work out, while I don't even want to think about going to the gym. Although its important to have time together, its perfectly fine to have some time apart. Don't forget, absence makes the heart grow fonder! Give each other a little space when needed.
4. Plan a Romantic Activity.
Have you ever had a couples massage? Participated in a cooking class? What about a romantic dinner on the beach? Take the time to plan one activity that's different from the norm that will allow you to bond.
5. Schedule a Professional Photography Session. During a trip to Cancun, my husband and I had professional photos of us taken on the beach. We really bonded while posing for the photos. Many resorts have on-site photography services available with no session fee. You simply pay for the photos for you choose.
6. Be Present. Trust me, I know its important to keep your Instagram and Snapchat game strong but make an effort to focus on your spouse. Try to limit the time you spend on through social media. Focus on using the time towards building your relationship.
7. Communicate Responsibilities. There's nothing worse than getting in argument with bae because they forget to pack something, or left an important document at home. Before you head off on vacation, discuss whose responsible for bringing what. Do a final check before you head out the door.
8. Turn Up! Remember, going on vacation is all about having fun! Don't sweat the small issues that come up. If you find yourself annoyed about something discuss it with your partner and squash it quickly. Don't let your amazing vacation get overshadowed by something minor.
Do you have any great tips for traveling with bae? Let me know in the comments section below!